19 November 2012

The Revival of Vintage - An Excursion

My sweet husband took me to the fall edition of The Revival of Vintage.  The event took place at the old Bona Allen Shoe Factory in historic Buford, Georgia.  The building, now referred to as Tannery Row, houses an artist colony and is open for events periodically.  It's a really neat place!  I would love to spend a day up there taking photographs.

This lovely vignette greeted us as we came through the gate:


Behind the head of the bed, you can see a bit of the old...and I love it!


Doesn't it remind you of an old train?

Here's a close up shot:


 And a side view of this beautiful rust bucket!


Out of respect for the vendors, I didn't photograph their wares.  Their booths were beautiful - just take my word for it!

Now for the finds!  An old Ford grill frame.


Can't you see that used as a picture frame or a mirror frame?  How about a couple of mini-buntings stringed across?  So much potential in this piece - even if I just use it as is as an art piece.

Found our last name in letter blocks and our anniversary in Bingo pieces.  I'm thinking of shadow boxing with some of our baby pictures and a black and white of our wedding picture.  We'll see!


I looked at math flash cards, too.  But all they had were multiplication tables and no # x 1.  I was surprised by how reasonable the prices were at some of the booths!  Those bingo pieces were only 20 cents each!  Funny thing is the 19 has the first letter of our last name and the 3 has the first letter of my maiden name.  I didn't realize that at time of purchase.

My man was such a good sport!  He actually enjoyed digging around a huge room filled with stuff!  There is a man that keeps his wares at the artist colony.  He has some great, unique items!  He worked with me, price wise, on the Ford piece.  I'm glad he did because he seemed to really like his stuff based on his prices!

The Revival will be back at The Goat Farm Arts Center in the spring.  Can't wait to check it out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment